The ECPNM – European Conference of Promoters of New Music hosts the sixth European competition for the composition and interpretation of live-electronic music projects. The organising partners of this competition are members of the ECPNM such as: EULEC in Lüneburg / Hamburg, Germany; MISO Music, Portugal; Gaudeamus Muziekweek, the Netherlands
The organizers of this competition are looking for project proposals that demonstrate in an innovative way new possibilities for the combination of instruments and live-electronics as well as innovative use of live-electronics with the composer as a performer. A maximum of three projects in each category will be selected by a jury (representatives of the above-mentioned organisations); these projects should be pre-produced by the applicants and will then be premiered at a final concert during the Gaudeamus Muziekweek in September 2013 in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Further performances will take place during events of the organisations mentioned above in 2013/14.
1. Entry of projects.
• Entries are possible into 2 categories:
• 1. Solo works involving harp and live-electronics, to be performed by the Dutch harpist Remy van Kesteren. The live-electronics part should be developed in a way that the pieces can eventually be performed without the composer being necessarily present; a sound engineer with experience in programmes such as Super collider or Max MSP should be able to perform the piece.
For more information concerning the instrument please contact Remy van Kesteren at http://remyvankesteren.nl/ and email@example.com
• 2. Solo works for live-electronics only, or works for any traditional solo instrument and live-electronics in which composer and performer are the same person
• The competition is open only to composers with a European citizenship or composers and interpreters living in Europe since at least 10 years.
• The maximum age of the composer is 40 years.
• Entries consist of a musical and technical description of the project. The project descriptions should be in English, German or French.
• The duration of the entered projects should be between 8 and 12 minutes.
• The projects should be fit for performance using a stereo or quadraphonic loudspeaker system (PA- and video equipment is provided by the concert hall); furthermore the composers should be able to bring their own performance material / instrument / equipment.
• The use of video or image is allowed.
• The proposed project should be a new work. The entry however should include a presentation of previous work(s) of the composer (by means of live-recordings on CD or DVD or in another digital version).
• Furthermore the entry should include a biography of the composer, address, date of birth.
Entries which do not fully apply to the conditions mentioned above will not be considered by the jury.
2. Selection of projects
A jury, consisting of representatives of the above-mentioned organising partners of ECPNM, will study the proposals and will select a maximum of six projects for performance. The selected projects will be pre-produced by the selected composers and premiered at the Gaudeamus Muziekweek in September 2013 in Utrecht. After the performance one project will be selected as prize winner.
During the season 2013/2014 the prize-winning project will be programmed by the organising partners; further performances (possibly also including those of the other selected projects) may be possible at activities/festivals of other members of the ECPNM.
Deadline for entry of projects is: 1 April 2013.
Entries should be sent to:
3552 XE Utrecht, the Netherlands